Ever see those people at Farmer’s Markets or Carnivals cooking up huge batches of Kettle Corn in those large iron cauldrons? Those guys are more than happy to charge you some ridiculous amount of money for what essentially amounts to pennies’ worth of ingredients.
Here’s how to make your own:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 pinches of salt (more if you like your kettle corn more salty)
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add three kernels of popcorn. Cover with a splatter guard.
- When they pop, add the rest of the popcorn.
- When the first kernels pop, add the sugar and salt.
- Shake vigorously until popping stops.