It’s been about two years since I posted my original recipe for my chocolate chip cookies. Since then, I’ve begun the move to preferring metric and mass measurements over imperial and volumetric measurements.
So with that change, along with further refinements I’ve made over the past two years, I’ve decided to update the recipe. Enjoy!
200 g white sugar
200 g packed brown sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
300 g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
300 g rolled oats
600 g semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs , milk, and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- Make golf ball sized portions, and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a Silpat silicone baking mat. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies on wire racks.