A while back, probably close to a year ago, our teaching pastor, Pastor Hurmon Hamilton came and spoke to the Men’s group at church. He was challenging the guys to step up and be the men that God called us to be.
The topic of what he shared was based off of Genesis 3, sometimes appropriately known as “The Fall of Man” chapter. Pastor Hurmon shared three insights from this passage:
- His voice was absent when he should have been heard.
Men are headline communicators. Women are fine-print communicators.
- Adam was personally absent when he should have been present.
Sometimes you have to act it before you feel it. Because Adam was not talking to her, the serpent did.
If you really want to change the world, be a good husband and daddy.
Adam was too busy fixing an already perfect world.
- When it was time to lead, he followed.
He then shared three questions:
- Where are you in your heart?
- Where are you in your mind?
- Where are you in your actions?
And three admonishments: Speak up. Show up. Step up.
It was a great way to start off the year. Looking forward to a great 2013!